IMPORTANT

Now you can find detailed Hadith list by clicking the "Hadith List" button NEXT to the HOME button above. It has been categorized according to the topics. Detailed info and list of Hadith on every topic is now available at ease. Also ,please do not forget to follow us on Facebook and Google+. Remember me in your prayers. Jazak'Allahu Kher!

Translate

2 August 2012

Hadith on Pardon: The Messenger of Allah forgives the polytheist who tried to murder him


Jabir reported: We took part in the expedition with the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, against Najd and when the time for afternoon rest approached, he was in a valley of thorny trees. He dismounted under a tree to rest in its shade and hung his sword upon it. The people dispersed among the trees in order to use their shade. While we were like this, the Messenger of Allah called us and we came to find a Bedouin sitting in front of him. The Messenger of Allah said, “This person came to me while I was asleep and he quietly took my sword. I woke up while he was standing over my head, holding my unsheathed sword. He said: Who will protect you from me? I said: Allah, three times.” And the Messenger of Allah did not punish him.

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 59, Number 460]

In another narration, the polytheist said, “Who will protect you from me?” The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, “Allah the Exalted.” Then the sword fell from his hand and the Messenger of Allah seized it. He said, “Who will protect you from me?” The polytheist said, “Be good to me!” He said, “Will you bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I am the Messenger of Allah?” He said, “No, but I give you my word that I will not fight you and I will not join anyone who is fighting you.” So the Messenger of Allah let him on his way. The polytheist returned to his people and said, “I have just come to you from the best of people!”

[Musnad Ahmad, Number 14768]

أَنَّ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا أَخْبَرَ أَنَّهُ غَزَا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قِبَلَ نَجْدٍ فَلَمَّا قَفَلَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَفَلَ مَعَهُ فَأَدْرَكَتْهُمْ الْقَائِلَةُ فِي وَادٍ كَثِيرِ الْعِضَاهِ فَنَزَلَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَتَفَرَّقَ النَّاسُ يَسْتَظِلُّونَ بِالشَّجَرِ فَنَزَلَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ تَحْتَ سَمُرَةٍ وَعَلَّقَ بِهَا سَيْفَهُ وَنِمْنَا نَوْمَةً فَإِذَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَدْعُونَا وَإِذَا عِنْدَهُ أَعْرَابِيٌّ فَقَالَ إِنَّ هَذَا اخْتَرَطَ عَلَيَّ سَيْفِي وَأَنَا نَائِمٌ فَاسْتَيْقَظْتُ وَهُوَ فِي يَدِهِ صَلْتًا فَقَالَ مَنْ يَمْنَعُكَ مِنِّي فَقُلْتُ اللَّهُ ثَلَاثًا وَلَمْ يُعَاقِبْهُ وَجَلَسَ

صحيح البخاري كِتَاب الْجِهَادِ وَالسِّيَرِ بَاب مَنْ عَلَّقَ سَيْفَهُ بِالشَّجَرِ فِي السَّفَرِ عِنْدَ الْقَائِلَةِ

فَقَالَ مَنْ يَمْنَعُكَ مِنِّي قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ فَسَقَطَ السَّيْفُ مِنْ يَدِهِ فَأَخَذَهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقَالَ مَنْ يَمْنَعُكَ مِنِّي قَالَ كُنْ كَخَيْرِ آخِذٍ قَالَ أَتَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَأَنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ قَالَ لَا وَلَكِنْ أُعَاهِدُكَ عَلَى أَنْ لَا أُقَاتِلَكَ وَلَا أَكُونَ مَعَ قَوْمٍ يُقَاتِلُونَكَ فَخَلَّى سَبِيلَهُ فَأَتَى قَوْمَهُ فَقَالَ جِئْتُكُمْ مِنْ عِنْدِ خَيْرِ النَّاسِ

مسند أحمد بَاقِي مُسْنَدِ الْمُكْثِرِينَ صلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم صلاة الخوف
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...